Our department’s name has changed from Columbia College Chicago Archives to College Archives & Special Collections (CASPC)
Since we acquired new collections and a new name, we’ve decided to update our mission statement to better fit our work and philosophy.
College Archives & Special Collections (CASPC) serves as the designated repository for records of Columbia College Chicago and collections of select rare books, publications, and manuscripts in order to:
- support College curricula in a student-centered environment
- document and disseminate the narrative legacy of the College
- weave Columbia College Chicago into the culture of the city and the world
- Create innovative and open pathways to resources.
- Provide educational opportunities to stimulate research and creativity.
- Inspire collaboration on a global scale.
- Encourage freedom of inquiry while honoring creators’ rights.
- Comply with professional best practices and technical standards.
- Preserve collection holdings in stable formats for future generations
For a list of our collections, visit: http://about.colum.edu/archives/collections/index.php